♥According to The National Center of Elder Abuse here are some early warning signs.
- Bruises, pressure marks, broken bones, abrasions and burns;
- Unexplained withdrawal from normal activities, sudden changes in alertness or unusual depression;
- Bruises around the breasts or genital area;
- Sudden changes in financial situations;
- Bedsores, unattended medical needs, poor hygiene and unusual weight loss;
- Harmful spouse or caregiver behavior, such as verbal bullying, threats and other abuse of control;
- Frequent arguments between the caregiver and aging individual.
- Always try around love one’s to know their sleeping habits, eating habits, personal hygiene system and above all else make certain they are connected with their favorite past time. That could be sewing, reading, watching TV, bingo, music, etc. If that has changed then look carefully into the above mentioned warning signs offered by The National Center of Elder Abuse.
Please, share if you know a situation which alerted your attention. We will share privately without mention of your name. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org